3.1.7 (Feb. 24, 2017)
- The plugin does not depend on the visual editor being enabled anymore. Props karinamendonca29.
3.1.6 (Feb. 4, 2017)
''(the empty string) when retrieving empty freeform credits.
- Honor “Do not display default credit” for featured images.
3.1.5 (Jan. 29, 2017)
- Prevent invalid link nesting in featured image credits. This means that by default, no
<a>tags are printed for featured image credits. The old behaviour can be restored by including
add_filter( 'media_credit_post_thumbnail_include_links', __return_true );in the theme’s
- “Display credit after posts” is now restricted to the proper single post view (and not every usage of
- “Display credit after posts” is honored when used together with “Display credit for featured images”.
3.1.4 (Jan. 1, 2017)
- Properly sync models when editing image details.
3.1.3 (Dec. 21, 2016)
- Removed non-existent customizer callback (props @rboulet).
3.1.2 (Dec. 11, 2016)
- Fixed conflict between WPBakery Visual Composer 4.x and Media Credit.
- Updated TinyMCE components.
3.1.1 (Aug. 15, 2016)
wp_prepare_attachmnet_for_jsonly gets called after the upload finishes in 4.5.x).
3.1.0 (Aug. 13, 2016)
- Optional no-follow attribute added.
- Optional schema.org markup added.
- Use HTML5 placeholders instead of default text when “no default credits” is set.
- Settings have been updated & streamlined.
- Added caching for backend queries.
- Updated TinyMCE components.
- Switched to the new Media API based on Backbone.js introduced in WordPress 3.5 for a snappier and more consistent user experience.
- Several security fixes and a general code clean-up have been applied due to automatic enforcement of WordPress coding standards.
- Fixed conflict between “no default credits” and featured image credits.
3.0.3 (Jul. 13, 2016)
- Updating credits via the Visual Editor works again. Props siricar, timausk, jellylegs.
- Consolidated UI in “Edit Image” dialog.
3.0.2 — April 12, 2016
- Updated visual editor plugin for WordPress 4.5 (minimum WordPress version is now 4.5, as well).
3.0.1 — March 20, 2016
- Fixed run_wptexturize filter breakage caused by calling get_bloginfo too early.
3.0.0 — March 6, 2016
- Refactored plugin for a more future-proof architecture.
- Moved all non-‘template tag’ functions out of the global namespace. This might break themes that relied on these (undocumented) functions. Please test before updating if you are running a highly customized installation of Media Credit.
- Wrap standalone media credits in if HTML5 support for captions is enabled.
- Uses WordPress language packs for translations.
- Fixed previously broken use case when both caption and credit are removed from an image in the visual editor.
- Added check whether parent is already published when displaying “attached” media.
- Added support for featured image credits.
2.7.6 (Feb. 7, 2016)
- Backported fix for removing both credit and caption in Visual Editor (from 3.0 development branch).
- Please note: This will likely be the last patch before 3.0.
2.7.5 — November 30, 2015
- Fixed a bug in Preview script.
2.7.4 — October 19, 2015
- Fixed empty credit array for media_credit_at_end filter when there is only one (unique) credit. Props David Higgins.
2.7.3 — September 30, 2015
- Somewhere, the caption ID attribute got lost. Sorry.
2.7.2 — September 25, 2015
- Fixed silent error message regarding unset no_default_credit option
- Fixed wpautop handling. Probably.
2.7.1 — September 16, 2015
- Missed a few strings
- Fixed incorrect positional parameter strings
2.7 — September 16, 2015
- Honor ‘Do not display default credit’ option in conjunction with ‘Display credit after posts’
- Added translation functions to user visible strings
- Added German translation
- Fixed responsive image breakage on some themes
- Fixed autocomplete in customizer
2.6.2 — August 29, 2015
- Updated JS for switching between Visual and HTML editors
- Fixed freeform credit parsing in Visual editor
2.6.1 — August 17, 2015
- Fixed “media credit at end”
2.6.0 — August 12, 2015
- limit selectable users to authors (no subscribers)
- URL can be set from Media Library, not just in the post editor
- Credit URL can override the automatic author link
- Added media_credit_at_end filter hook
2.5.1 — August 2, 2015
- Forgot to remove some debug output
2.5.0 — June 7, 2015
- Added URL parameter to shortcode and GUI
- Display image toolbar with WP 4.2
2.4.1 (Dec. 20, 2014)
- Fix missing newlines when switching between HTML and Visual mode in the post editor
2.4.0 (Dec. 17, 2014)
- Replaced some deprecated calls
- Fixed bug that didn’t add shortcode when editing a “plain” image tag.
- Updated UI for WordPress 4.1
2.3.3 — October 26, 2014
- Fixed encoding bug with HTML credit lines
2.3.2 — October 22, 2014
- Fixed editing of image classes in the visual editor
2.3.1 — October 9, 2014
- Fixed deletion of shortcodes without in the visual editor
- Fixed bug that added \ to apostrophes/single quotes in certain circumstances
2.3.0 — September 18, 2014
- Code clean-up
- Added support for visual editing of shortcodes
- Fixed edited posts not updating when credits are changed via the media modal.
- Added FAQ regarding unparsed shortcodes with JetPack Publicize
2.2.3 — September 10, 2014
- Add plugin version to CSS & JS files to ensure the autocomplete bugfix is applied.
2.2.2 — September 6, 2014
- Fixed long-standing bug with saving autocompleted credits
- Fixed missing autocomplete in WP 4.0 media grid
2.2.1 — September 4, 2014
- Fixed E_NOTICE level error message
2.2.0 — September 4, 2014
- Added option to prevent attachment authors as default credit
- Updated TinyMCE plugin for WordPress 4.0
- Various bugfixes
2.1.2 — August 12, 2014
- Fixed a packaging error that rendered the plugin inoperational
2.1.1 — August 11, 2014
- Fix Visual Editor mode when credit field is empty
2.1.0 — April 16, 2014
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.9 (TinyMCE 4.x)
- Completely new Visual Editor code
2.0.1 — October 29, 2013
- Bumped version number to fix update notice for users of 1.1.2
2.0 — October 27, 2013
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.5 media dialog
- Fixes for bugs in Visual editor
- Fixed shortcode parsing (broken since WordPress 3.4)
1.1.2 — March 1, 2011
- Fixes total autocomplete failure on WordPress 3.1
- Fixes freeform credit situation where a user was selected but freeform text was entered afterward
- Fixes extra output on activation notices (they weren’t serious, but I imagine some people were freaking out seeing them)
1.1.1 — September 19, 2010
- Updating media credit in the Media Library really does update the credit within posts correctly now! (props: Greg Wrey)
- Adding multiple images with freeform media credit to a post also now works as expected (props: Greg Wrey)
1.1 — June 25, 2010
- Now compatible with TinyMCE! Media credit will appear inline (i.e. below the photo) when using the Visual editor rather than as an ugly shortcode.
- Updating media credit in the Media Library will now correctly and safely update it in an attached post, regardless of whether it’s a WP user or not
1.0.2 — May 3, 2010
- Added filter on the_author so that media credit is properly displayed in Media Library (not yet for unattached media, though — will be added in WP 3.1 hopefully)
- Made $post parameter actually optional in template tags (used global $post if not given)
1.0.1 — April 26, 2010
- Changed post meta field from media-credit to _media_credit so that it doesn’t appear in custom fields section on Post edit page normally. Upgrade script will handle changing the key for all existing metadata.
1.0 — April 26, 2010
- Added author media rendering methods (see FAQ)
- If media credit is edited in the Media Library, the media credit in the post to which media is attached to will now update as well!
- Only load JS and CSS in admin on pages that need it
- Blank credit can now be assigned to media
- Switched rendering of media-credit shortcode credit info to div instead of span for more readable RSS feed
0.5.5 — March 9, 2010
- Switched autocomplete to an older, more stable version — should be working great now for all blogs!
- With above, fixed loss of control of AJAX functionality in WordPress admin area
- Default options are now correctly registered when the plugin is activated
- Any pre-existing options will not be overwritten when activating the plugin
- Separator and organization names on the settings page are properly escaped
0.5.1 — March 5, 2010
- Fixed autocomplete when selecting credit so that it only shows currently selectable users (particularly important for WordPress MU users).
- Made it so that upon clicking in the Credit field the text already there will be highlighted — start typing right away!
- Hid media credit inline with attachments if the “Display credits after post” option is enabled.
0.5 — March 4, 2010
- Initial release